Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) with Vascular Access (Online Only Didactic Program)
Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) assessment is fast becoming an integral way to make a fast and accurate assessment of patients for clinical decision-making. It is performed at the bedside and has been proven to be accurate and repeatable for serial assessments of unstable patients to help guide in their care. Some have stated that "ultrasound will soon replace the stethoscope".
This course teaches CRNAs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physicians and other allied health professionals the crucial skill of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) as an assessment tool.
Using Maverick's proven learning process developed by experts in education and utilizing the "flipped classroom", students learn at their own pace and at their convenience. The online didactic program consists of 8 modules that guide you through foundational knowledge necessary for the hands-on lab.
Online modules include:
- Introduction to ultrasound including a brief history of US development and the physics of how US works to produce an image on the screen.
- POCUS for Gastric Assessment
- POCUS for peripheral vascular access
- POCUS for Internal Jugular access
- Cardiac assessment for normal cardiac function and commonly seen pathological conditions
- Pulmonary assessment for normal function and common problems.
- eFast assessment for trauma and hemodynamically unstable patients
- POCUS for DVT assessment
Thank you to our Veterans and active military — please use discount code MilPOCUS at checkout to take advantage of our $100 military discount!
This program has been prior approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 32.00 Class A CE credits; Code Number 1038681; Expiration Date 12/10/2022.
There is no cancellation policy with our online-only products.
In order for each participant to have access to the online program and to provide individual information, please register each attendee separately.