Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) with Vascular Access
Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) assessment is fast becoming an integral way to make a fast and accurate assessment of patients for clinical decision-making. It is performed at the bedside and has been proven to be accurate and repeatable for serial assessments of unstable patients to help guide in their care. Some have stated that "ultrasound will soon replace the stethoscope".
This course teaches CRNAs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physicians and other allied health professionals the crucial skill of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) as an assessment tool.
Using Maverick's proven learning process developed by experts in education and utilizing the "flipped classroom", students learn at their own pace and at their convenience. The online didactic program consists of 8 modules which guide you through foundational knowledge necessary for the hand's-on lab.
Following completion of the online didactic modules, students then attend a 1-day, hands-on lab where they scan live models and practice vascular access techniques on gel phantoms with low student to instructor ratios.
Online modules include:
- Introduction to ultrasound including a brief history of US development and a the physics of how US works to produce an image on screen.
- POCUS for Gastric Assessment
- POCUS for peripheral vascular access
- POCUS for Internal Jugular access
- Cardiac assessment for normal cardiac function and commonly seen pathological conditions
- Pulmonary assessment for normal function and common problems.
- eFast assessment for trauma and hemodynamically unstable patients
- POCUS for DVT assessment
Military — $900.00
Thank you to our Veterans and active military — please use discount code MilPOCUS at checkout to take advantage of our $200 military discount!
The online pre-learning program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 32.00 Class A CE credits. Code Number 1043077; Expiration Date 01/03/2025.
The proficiency lab program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 08.00 Class A CE credits.
Because our courses sell out quickly, we ask for as much advanced notice as possible to allow time to fill the vacancy. We try to avoid refunds and offer rescheduling to another lab if at all possible.
- A fee of $250 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled more than 6 weeks prior to the original course date.
- A fee of $400 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled 2-6 weeks prior to the original course date.
- A fee of $750 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled less than 2 weeks prior the original course date. If we manage to fill your seat in the course you transferred out of before the course begins, the $750 fee will be reduced to only $400.
If for some reason that absolutely will not work for you, we will issue refunds at the following rates:
- 8 weeks or more prior to lab: 80% refund
- 6-8 weeks prior to lab: 50% refund
- Less than 6 weeks prior to lab: No refunds, but you may transfer to another scheduled lab for the fees listed above.
Please Visit Our Site To See Travel Information For Your In-Person Course
In order for each participant to have access to the online program and to provide individual information, please register each attendee separately.