Essential Techniques Pre-Learning & Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) & Vascular Access Combo
Maverick Medical Education offers a new course that combines regional anesthesia and point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS):
- Regional Anesthesia Essential Techniques is an online course that teaches the basics of regional anesthesia, including ultrasound-guided nerve blocks. The course covers a wide range of topics, including ultrasound physics, anatomy, image interpretation, and needle guidance techniques to perform 6 basic regional nerve blocks.
- POCUS with Vascular Access is an online course that teaches the use of ultrasound for patient assessment. The course covers the basics of ultrasound physics and anatomy, as well as the specific applications of POCUS in these areas.
Both courses are delivered in an interactive and engaging format, with pre-recorded lectures, interactive quizzes, and hands-on exercises. The Regional Anesthesia Essential Techniques course includes a cadaver lab, where students can practice performing nerve blocks on the Maverick patented pulsatile cadaver. The most realistic education tool available.
This course is ideal for CRNAs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other allied health professionals who want to learn the skills necessary to perform ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and POCUS. The course is also a great way to stay up to date on the latest advances in these areas and earn 70 CE credits.
Key features of this combo course:
Regional Anesthesia Essential Techniques: Covers the basics of regional anesthesia, including the following ultrasound-guided nerve blocks:
- Adductor Canal
- Popliteal Sciatic
POCUS with Vascular Access: Teaches the use of POCUS to assess:
- POCUS for Gastric Assessment
- POCUS for peripheral vascular access
- POCUS for Internal Jugular access
- Cardiac assessment for normal cardiac function and commonly seen pathological conditions
- Pulmonary assessment for normal function and common problems.
- eFast assessment for trauma and hemodynamically unstable patients
- POCUS for DVT assessment
Part I: Online, with pre-recorded lectures and interactive quizzes
Part II: 2-day Cadaver/Live Model Lab for hands-on experience
Target audience: CRNAs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other allied health professionals.
The online pre-learning program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 46.00 Class A CE credits.
The proficiency lab program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 16.00 Class A CE credits.
Please Visit Our Site To See Travel Information For Your In-Person Course