Advanced Pain Management: Chronic Pain Series I - Private Course
The Maverick Chronic Pain Series is designed to address the needs of CRNAs currently in or those contemplating entering the pain management field. The lack of comprehensive pain education for CRNAs and an overwhelming number of Americans suffering from chronic pain is the driving force behind this education. CRNAs must be adequately educated and prepared in the physiology of pain, the assessment and diagnosis of pain and of course the many different treatment options in both the acute and chronic settings to combat this crisis.
The Maverick Chronic Pain Series is a combination of online, interactive pre-learning modules designed to prepare the learner for participation in a 16-hour hands-on cadaver lab. The online pre-learning will be extensive but self-paced allowing for complete understanding of all concepts prior to attending the cadaver lab. The cadaver lab will focus on the skill acquisition of fluoroscopy-guided and ultrasound-guided pain interventions. Using the latest in pedagogy education strategies, the lab time will allow the learner to obtain an unprecedented number of repetitions at each station, in a true life-like simulation, to achieve a strong level of competency and confidence.
Advanced Pain Management Course I
The online pre-learning program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 18.00 Class A CE credits.
The proficiency lab program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 16.00 Class A CE credits.
Course I is for CRNAs with limited experience. Designed for those who have little or no prior experience in chronic pain assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
Online topics covered (Online modules to open at least 6 weeks prior to lab):
- Pain Types/Assessment/Interview
- Shoulder/Hip/Knee Pain
- Sensory, Strength and Reflex Testing
- Myofascial and SI Joint Pain
- Radicular Spine Pain
- Spinal Anatomy for Fluoroscopic Interventions
- Neuroscience of Pain
- Documentation Requirements
- Radiation Safety
Cadaver lab stations:
- Lumbar Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injections
- Lumbar transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Sacroiliac Intra-articular Joint injections
- Lumbar intra-articular Facet and Medial Branch Nerve Blocks
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Live model: pain assessment and diagnosis
We try to avoid refunds and offer rescheduling to another lab if at all possible.
- A fee of $250 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled more than 6 weeks prior to original course date.
- A fee of $400 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled less than 6 weeks prior to the original course date.
If for some reason that absolutely will not work for you, we will refund the following:
- More than 8 weeks prior to lab: 80% tuition.
- 6-8 weeks prior to lab: 50% refund
- 4-6 weeks prior to lab: May transfer to a future lab for a fee of $500; No refunds.
- Less than 4 weeks prior to lab: No refunds, no transfers.