Advanced Pain Management - Course III
**Please note: You should be proficient with ultrasound prior to taking this course. Basic Ultrasound skills WILL NOT be taught during this course! If not proficient, it is advised that you take Regional Anesthesia Essential Techniques prior to participating in this course.
- $3500 if registered less than 60 days prior to course
- $3000 per course if 2 or more courses are purchased at the same time
- $3000 Military rate
- $3000 with confirmed TCU Fellowship Application/Acceptance (Must register at the regular price and a refund will be issued upon proof of acceptance)
Veterans and active military — please use code MilitaryAPM at checkout to take advantage of our military discount!
Buying two APM courses at once? — please use code 2XAPM at checkout to get a discount!
Buying all 3 courses at once? - please use code 3XAPM at checkout to get the discount!
All discounts will be reviewed and verified.
The Maverick Chronic Pain Series is designed to address the needs of CRNAs currently in or those contemplating entering the pain management field. The lack of comprehensive pain education for CRNAs and an overwhelming number of Americans suffering from chronic pain is the driving force behind this education. CRNAs must be adequately educated and prepared in the physiology of pain, the assessment and diagnosis of pain and of course the many different treatment options in both the acute and chronic settings to combat this crisis.
The Maverick Chronic Pain Series is a combination of online, interactive pre-learning modules designed to prepare the learner for participation in a 16-hour hands-on cadaver lab. The online pre-learning will be extensive but self-paced allowing for complete understanding of all concepts prior to attending the cadaver lab. The cadaver lab will focus on the skill acquisition of fluoroscopy-guided and ultrasound-guided pain interventions. Using the latest in pedagogy education strategies, the lab time will allow the learner to obtain an unprecedented number of repetitions at each station, in a true life-like simulation, to achieve a strong level of competency and confidence.
Advanced Pain Management Course III
The online pre-learning program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 12.00 Class A CE credits.
The proficiency lab program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 16.00 Class A CE credits.
Course III is for those who have completed Courses I & II and/or are experienced in fluoroscopy-guided pain interventions but wish to add ultrasound-guided interventions to their skillset and learn the all-important business of pain management.
Online topics covered (Online modules to open at least 6 weeks prior to lab):
- Using Ultrasound in Pain Management: Injections for major and minor joints; various peripheral nerves.
- Pain Management in Rural Settings
- The Business of Pain Management
Cadaver Lab stations:
- USG injections of major joints: Shoulder, Hip, Knee
- USG injections of minor joints: Elbow, ankle, hands
- USG injections of Peripheral nerves: radial, median, ulnar, ilioinguinal/ilihypogastric, greater occipital; geniculars
- USG stellate ganglion injection
- USG lumbar facet injections
- USG Sacroiliac Joint injections
- Cryotherapy (Iovera) treatment for peripheral nerves.
Hands-On Lab Schedule
Saturday Lab Schedule:
- 8:00am-9:00am Orientation & Breakfast (Provided by Maverick)
- 9:00am-12:00pm Hands-on Cadaver Lab & Physical Exam Stations
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch (Provided by Maverick)
- 1:00pm-5:00pm Hands-on Cadaver Lab & Physical Exam Stations
Sunday Lab Schedule:
- 7:45am-8:00am Breakfast (Provided by Maverick)
- 8:00am-12:00pm Hands-on Cadaver Lab & Physical Exam Stations
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch (Provided by Maverick)
- 1:00pm-5:00pm Proficiency Testing & Open Cadaver Lab
Cadaver Lab Location:
University of North Texas Health Science Center
3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, Texas
Airport: DFW International Airport (DFW)
We try to avoid refunds and offer rescheduling to another lab if at all possible.
- A fee of $250 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled more than 6 weeks prior to original course date.
- A fee of $400 will be charged to transfer to a different course date if rescheduled less than 6 weeks prior to the original course date.
If for some reason that absolutely will not work for you, we will refund the following:
- More than 8 weeks prior to lab: 80% tuition.
- 6-8 weeks prior to lab: 50% refund
- 4-6 weeks prior to lab: May transfer to a future lab for a fee of $500; No refunds.
- Less than 4 weeks prior to lab: No refunds, no transfers.
In order for each participant to have access to the online program and to provide individual information, please register each attendee separately.